Venison Recipes | Valentine’s Day Stuffed Rolled Roast
Warning! Valentine’s Day is this weekend, February 14th. Make your check list now: flowers, jewelry, chocolate, wine, and … what about a romantic home cooked dinner?! Guys, or Gals run to the freezer, grab some venison and this recipe will help you through this Valentine’s Day. There is even an added sweet treat recipe to end the meal perfectly! There is still time to make this Valentine’s an unforgettable one.
Prep: 20 Minutes| Cook: 45 Minutes| Level: Easy
1 venison roast
1 package frozen chopped spinach
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 jar of roasted red peppers (7 ounces), diced
1 jar sun dried tomatoes, julienned, diced
4 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil (approximately)
Kitchen Twine or Tooth Picks
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lay roast on cutting board. Using a sharp knife butterfly the roast until meat is no more than 1 inch thick and is at an even thickness.
- Cook spinach as directed on package. Drain/ squeeze remaining liquid from spinach. In a medium sized bowl, combine spinach, cheese, onions, peppers, tomatoes, bread crumbs, garlic salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Press filling onto the butterflied roast. Leave a 1- inch border on all sides. Begin to roll the roast tightly, but gently to avoid damage to the meat. Tuck any loose filling back into the end of the now rolled roast.
- Tie roast firmly with kitchen twine, place ties at least every 2 inches down the length of the rolled roast. Or use toothpicks to hold roast together, place where needed. Rub the outside of the roast with oil.
- Place Roast in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes, then increase heat to a broil for approximately 10 minutes. Turn roast over once. Let meat rest, then remove the kitchen twine and/ or toothpicks. Slice and Serve!
Need S’more Lovin’?
Check out these super simple, yet tasty Valentine’s Day inspired S’mores as pictured above.
Heart Shaped Marshmallows
- Preheat broiler on 500. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Break graham cracker in half and place onto baking tray. Add half of a chocolate bar on top with a heart shaped marshmallow to follow. Create as many as desired.
- Place in broiler for roughly 1-1 ½ minutes. Watch the s’mores the whole time so the marshmallows do not burn. Just lightly toast to a golden brown!
- Remove from oven. Let cool. Add a graham cracker on top to complete your perfect Valentine’s Day inspired treat and add a little s’more lovin’ to your day!
** if you are alone and have no bone collector lady to spend time with….you can always watch the LIVE BONE CAM with the rest of us single guys!